“Cannot generate SSPI context” in Azure

I had been happily working on a piece of the functionality that included logging to a SQL Server database. Since all looked good locally, I uploaded my application to my Azure web site to run as a web job. When I checked the Azure logs for my web job, the Sad Clown of Life struck, and my job had failed. In the log I found some SQL errors, the telltale message being this:

 “The target principal name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context”

 Turns out that Azure doesn’t like the line “Integrated Security=True” in the connection string. After adjusting my connection string, all was well.

Advertisements
  1. Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: