EntityException: The underlying provider failed on Open

The application I was debugging went wonky on me (“Out of Memory” exceptions, in case your curious), so I had to kill Visual Studio and start over. When I did this, I got the following unfamiliar error when trying to connect to a database using Entity Framework:

EntityException: The underlying provider failed on Open

A good resource appeared to be Stack Overflow, but those weren’t the issues I was dealing with.

I opened SQL Server Management Studio and looked at my database. There was a little triangle of doom icon next to it, with the words “Suspect”. That didn’t sound good. Visions of viruses and evil geniuses trying to take over the word on database at a time rushed into my brain.

Turns out it wasn’t that big a deal to fix. I found a great post at https://support.managed.com/kb/a398/how-to-repair-a-suspect-database-in-mssql.aspx, and that got me back up and running.

Advertisements
  1. Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: